CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

More than you wanted to know about Amber

Hi Ladies,
Thank you Anna Marie for condescending to accept me into your group!

Here are my "issues"...

I was happily going along four years ago, fit and at my ideal weight after having a daughter and a son. My family, my life was complete! WHAM.... we found out we were expecting baby three, and while I believe children are a blessing and all that :) it was a stressful for me. We were building a 700 square foot home... yes, you read that right, not a lot of extra room. I had a car that could only fit two in the back seat. My life was designed around the four current members of the family.

So, long story short, I was more stressed than usual during that pregnancy and ate more than my share of cold stone creamery, which led do my first bout with belly fat. That has been very difficult to get rid of. I'm also one of those who does not lose while nursing.

Fast forward to now, my bonus baby is three, and as wonderful as heaven and earth, and we are so happy he's here. But one other thing he derailed was me writing a book I had planned. Now, I'm writing feverishly to get the book done, and as I've been sitting more and more often, my weight is creeping up. My least favorite place the fat has settled (other than belly) is arms. I've never had slender arms, but now they are tree trunks (that can flap in the breeze when I wave.)

Oh, my other quick stats: Married 11 years, daugheter 8 and sons 6 and 3. Husband changing jobs this summer so stress is still a dear friend in our home. I have to learn to lose weight even when under stress! Time to work a little harder at this. I'm 31, and like many of you I've found that weight no longer melts off like it did in my twenties. Why, oh why is that? :)

Looking forward to this, ladies!!
Amber

1 comments:

AMB said...

Love it! I think your sweet little Elias is well worth the extra baby weight. Anyway, I'm still having trouble feeling sorry for you- I think you look fabulous. Either way, I'm thrilled you have joined us!