CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Breakfast

I have a neighbor across the street that is on a raw foods kick, she is constantly telling me about her latest and greatest recipes and how cooking is a way of the past. Like I could ever give up cooking, processed foods and dairy products!

Anyway, here is a breakfast smoothie recipe that she gave me. I tried it for breakfast this morning and was pleasantly surprised. It taste great and is filling too.

1 cup frozen blueberries
1 ripe banana (if it has a little brown it will be sweeter)
1 0r 2 handfuls of fresh spinach (I used two)
1/2-1 cup water (depends on what you want the consistency to be like)

Blend well

2 comments:

Lisita said...

I've tried this as well and think it's fabulous! What a great way to start your day. :)

AMB said...

This sounds completely nasty. I'm totally going to try it anyway!