CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My motivator

I'm sure you may think this is hilarious, or maybe just childish. But I thought I would share what got me motivated to put my diet into action. At the beginning of the summer, I made a sticker chart for my kids (with different goals for them) and for myself with a set prize at the end. I could put a sticker on the chart for running on the treadmill for 15 minutes, lifting weights for 15 minutes, making difficult eating choices, and/or losing pounds. For some reason, the silly sticker chart broke it down into short goals to help me get to my long-term goal. It was nice to have a goal with my kids too, because they were reminding me to put the stickers on after they saw me run, etc. What happened is that it made me get in good habits, so now I don't even worry about the stickers anymore. Although, I think I will still make my husband follow through on my prize (painting my kitchen/family room)! Hopefully, this will help some of you too.

2 comments:

Minwimm said...

Great idea!

Amber Mitchell said...

That's actually a great idea! I'm always doing charts for my kids -- why shoudn't I use the same system!