CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I said No!

Last night we were out doing shopping as part of our FHE activity and Toro suggested we go get an ice cream cone. I said he could but that I wasn't eating ice cream. He was nice and didn't get one but it was so tempting. I wanted to share that I did it! I know it's only August 5th but I really think I can keep this up. In fact I'm also going to add that I won't take any 2nd helpings on other desserts. I know myself too well right now to cut it all out completely! I'll be stronger to try that one in September.

I also wanted to tell those of you who are working on 2nd helpings about, French Women don't get fat, (she also an additional book called French women for all Seasons) by Mireille Guiliano. It would be worth getting from the library. She has some great advice about the 2nd helping, oversize portion problem so many face and some fun and some bizarre recipes. She's been my secret weapon so far but I finally decided to share.

5 comments:

Teri said...

Great job!!

But did you really have to put up a picture? Now I want one! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip on the book Lis!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and way to be STRONG. I am succeeding about 3/4 of the time. It is amazing how much I go back for more. I never really kept track until now.

Lisita said...

Ok, so I'm already failing at the second helping thing - it is super hard.

Jen said...

Good job on the ice cream! I am very proud!!!