CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

My Lent Confession

I was doing so great last week. I did have some temptations, the fudgesicles in my fridge were calling me, but for two days straight I resisted. It was a close call but I did resist. Then last Friday night I was at a church activity. Without thinking I found myself 5 bites into some homemade coconut ice cream. At that point I could have stopped and been ok because I honestly hadn't meant to but I continued and finished my cup of ice cream. If you've had it before you'd know that it's not easy to pass up. It was made by Ary who is from Thailand and used to own a fab Thai restaurant. So there is my confession. I had coconut ice cream last Friday and I loved it. At least I didn't go back for seconds so I had an ounce of self control. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the best coconut ice cream I have EVER tasted. I messed up last night too if it helps. The good news is the second helping was on a broccoli and squash pie.

Jen said...

Last night I ate non fat, no sugar ice cream and it was nasty! I was hoping it would be a lot better. So I wouldn't worry about your slip up. :)

Jeni and Dave said...

Sometimes I do fruit smoothies with frozen bananas, frozen strawberries or raspberries, skim milk, etc. and it's sweet and cold like ice cream but not as bad for you. Ice cream is my TOTAL weakness too.

Lisita said...

I agree fruit smoothies are awesome! We've been doing a lot of those and even adding spinach and protein in some. Although my favorite is an orange smoothie that seems as close to ice cream as anything which makes me almost feel guilty. ;) That heavens for my awesome new blender I'd be giving in to ice cream all the time!

AMB said...

Lisa, don't feel bad. NOBODY can resist Ary's coconut ice cream.