I finished a marathon last Saturday in Park City. It was an amazing accomplishment but when I got home and hopped on the scale I had only lost 1/2 pound. That made me sad. I just ran/walked for six hours straight and didn't lose any weight. UGH!
It all goes back to the eating being the hardest part. It really is what and how much food you put in your body and not necessarily your devotion to exercise. Sure exercise makes you healthy and strong but not thin.
I also think thin is different for everyone. To me, I am not thin until I can parade around in a bikini on the beach and feel good about myself. But I know people who are hanging out on the beach perfectly comfortable in their bikini and they look more like this.
I am not sure what theory I am going for here. I guess my point of this ramble session is I am going to rethink my goals and tweak my perceptions a bit to make my "thin" something that is within reach and doable, not some far out, never gonna get there, task master goal that will haunt me forever.
I think starting school this week, and being that I am a psychology major, I am getting philosophical about the whole thing.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Marathons don't equal weight loss
Posted by Minwimm at 12:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations on running a marathon! What an accomplishment! You can never feel bad about that or about being in such great shape. Awesome. I think there are very few people (including me) who have ever ran longer than a couple miles at a time.
I think you aren't losing weight as quickly as you like because you are gaining muscle. With all of your training, you must have toned up. I'm sure you look great. We are our own worst critics!
Post a Comment