CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Having Trouble Getting Motivated...

Is anyone else having trouble getting motivated, or am I alone on this one? I've been doing terrible and it is totally because of a complete lack of trying. It's not like I've been on vacation where it is hard to find time to exercise or eat healthy. I also haven't been sick or incapacitated in any way.

I've just been 100% lazy. I've been eating junk and I've mostly been sitting around. I really want to lose weight, but I don't want to put forth the effort to make it happen. I'm thinking about posting a nasty fat photo of me for the rest of you to gawk at. I'm also considering posting my actual weight weekly so I can't hide behind a percentage. Any other ideas? I thinking that public humilation is the only thing that will motivate me at this point.

Am I the only one whose behavior is shameful?

5 comments:

Jen said...

Trust me...you're not alone here. I'm doing pretty good w/ exercising but when it comes to eating healthy I'm not doing so good. Shame on me!

Jeni and Dave said...

I had motivation until we went on vacation and ate at at three buffets, including a pizza one and steak one along with Arby's, Mcdonald's, etc. Seriously, how do you travel and not gain a billion pounds? I'm horrible at it. I even tried...the first day anyway!

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I can't remember when I read this but, 80% of what you weigh is what you eat. So all the exercising in the world can only get you 20% of where you want to be if you are not eating healthy. Of course, who believes everything they read right?!

Lisita said...

It's been rough on me as well. I struggle when 'life' gets in the way which is probably when you need to push through. Personally, I wish we started this in September. Perhaps it's another excuse but I just want to relish eating ice cream with my daughter this summer.

Jen said...

Lisita - I think I should have some ice cream to celebrate w/ you & MG. I definitely wouldn't want you to be lonely. (Am I pathetic or what? I'm always looking for an excuse to eat ice cream.)