CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Food Journal




I read the best way to keep track what you eat is by writing it down. I also read that you eat 10% less even if you don't change anything in your diet because of putting it on paper. It seems like a lot of work and hard to be accurate. How can you know exactly how much of something you are eating when you don't measure it? I think I might try it just for a few days and see how it goes.

Does anyone else food journal, or something resembling it?

1 comments:

Amber Mitchell said...

I do, not every day but for a week here and there to get a handle on general calorie totals. I keep a text file on my computer desktop and plug in anything I've eaten since sitting down last (and estimated calories which I can look up on the internet if I need). I'm on the computer throughout the day and the computer is right next to my kitchen so it works well for me.

My sister has done Weight Watchers and said the other day that she sees everything in point values now. I think that's what I try to do with calories -- my sixteen ounce smoothie, 300 calories, my egg salad, 200, knowing what goes into my body, pricelss!

And yes, knowing that I have to write down the handful of M&M's at 200 cals discourages me from eating them.